Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home.

Allergies going haywire.


Waking up scratching a new bug bite.

Coming home @ 5am from a night out.
Mom waking me up @6:30am with a TO-DO list much like this one.


Yep. I'm home. Home sweet home. Finally. It feels good to be here. The 5.5hr drive went by in a quickness. Being back feels as if I've never left...probably because things don't change much here... which is probably the reason why it's taken so long for the Mississippi gulfcoast to recover after Katrina. The beachfront is slowly being revived. Long gone are the majestic plantation homes that the hurricane waters washed away. In its place, colorfully-sided beach homes stand on stilts. The ginormous oak trees that line the highway are no longer eerie skeletons of their former selves. Although I do miss the way things were pre-Katrina, I am quite optimistic of what the gulfcoast could be one day. I can't wait. Until then, I'll just savour the view during my run on the beach.







No comments:

Post a Comment