Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Falalalala.

Wow! Champ was totally right. I really am digging Pandora Radio. It's internet radio that creates a specific station according to your taste preferences. And since I'm really into slow music-played-on-a-guitar-by-some-girl right now, I immediately chose Schuyler Fisk as my choice artist. Fisk actually started off her career as a teen actress. She is probably most recognized for her role of Kristy in "The Babysitter's Club." Anywho, over the Christmas break at my mom's cable-less home in Mississippi, I got the Netflix trial for 2 weeks so I could watch Dexter and unlimited movies over the internet. I decided to use that opportunity to watch those quirky movies that I know I would never rent or watch in to the theatres. The movies I watched were so random that even if I did remember the titles, you probably wouldn't know what I was talking about. Actually only one movie really stands out from the bunch. It's called "I'm Reed Fish," and it's about a small town guy that's trying to break out of his father's shadow. There's a part of the movie were Schuyler Fisk does an impromptu performance, on her guitar of course, that instantly made me a fan of her. Here's the clip. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I forgot that you had told me about her ... I'll have to check out her stuff ... maybe I'll use her for my Musik Mundi posts. I'll also have to try out Pandora! My co-worker neighbor uses it and I never thot to try it since I'm attached to my ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I forgot you started blogging..haha. I heart guitar playing girls too..and reed fish!

    ReplyDelete